爱吱声

标题: The Man Who Sold the World [打印本页]

作者: 韦红雪    时间: 2014-7-12 21:36
标题: The Man Who Sold the World
本帖最后由 韦红雪 于 2016-4-27 20:58 编辑

The Man Who Sold the World  是音乐变色龙(musical chameleon) David Bowie 的一首经典。经常站在先锋潮头的 David Bowie 在这首歌里表达的含义非常令人费解,对这首歌的解读也五花八门。不过他稍后发表的概念性专辑 The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars 似乎为这首歌做了一些诠释:他面对的那个人就是另一个自己,他对自己的身份产生了疑惑。

这首歌也被很多人翻唱过,最著名的要数 Nirvana 的翻唱,Kurt Cobain 似乎也有类似的问题,所以他的演绎也很精彩。这个伴奏实际上就是 Kurt Cobain 版本。

http://129.226.69.186/bbs/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=NDkwMTl8NTBkYzAzNjIzYjQyY2E1NjdkNjA2YmYyMTk5MjllNjR8MTcyNjk2NDQ5OQ%3D%3D&request=yes&_f=.mp3
The Man Who Sold the World

原唱:David Bowie
翻唱:韦红雪

Lyrics:
We passed upon the stair,
we spoke of was and when
Although I wasn't there,
he said I was his friend
Which came as some surprise
I spoke into his eyes
I thought you died alone,
a long long time ago

Oh no, not me
I never lost control
You're face to face
With The Man Who Sold The World

I laughed and shook his hand,
and made my way back home
I searched for form and land,
for years and years I roamed

I gazed a gazely stare
at all the millions here
We must have died alone,
a long long time ago

Who knows? not me
We never lost control
You're face to face
With the Man who Sold the World
作者: 到处停留的叶子    时间: 2014-7-13 12:25
特别去查了一下David Bowie和这首歌,发现一段记录,1997年一月,在他的50岁生日接受BBC的节目采访时被问到过这首歌。他当时是这么说的:我猜想我写这首歌是因为我当时正在寻找自己的一个部分……这首歌对我来说是年轻时的一种感受,当你总是觉得自己缺失了一块,你还没有成为一个整体,你努力搜寻,极力想知道自己究竟是谁。

In the BBC Radio 1 special programme "ChangesNowBowie", broadcast on 8 January 1997, Bowie was interviewed by Marianne Hobbs and was asked about the song. Bowie commented: "I guess I wrote it because there was a part of myself that I was looking for. Maybe now that I feel more comfortable with the way that I live my life and my mental state (laughs) and my spiritual state whatever, maybe I feel there's some kind of unity now. That song for me always exemplified kind of how you feel when you're young, when you know that there's a piece of yourself that you haven't really put together yet. You have this great searching, this great need to find out who you really are."
作者: 李禾平    时间: 2014-7-19 08:29
喔,爵爷改风格了!

前面几句被吓了一跳,颓废劲儿完全出来了。

欢迎光临 爱吱声 (http://129.226.69.186/bbs/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2