注册 登录
爱吱声 返回首页

席琳的个人空间 http://129.226.69.186/bbs/?936 [收藏] [复制] [分享] [RSS]

日志

小器的美国医药研究所

热度 3已有 237 次阅读2015-5-1 08:06 |个人分类:点点滴滴| 研究所, 美国

2015-4-30

记得七八年前,开始闹经济危机的时候,10岁不到的姐姐曾经说过一次名言:现在的美国人怎么变得越来越小器了呢?当时说的是在物质上,商家把盒子做得很大,里面的东西放得很少。

最近碰到一件,更为小器的,是精神层面上的,说起来都不会让人置信,也让人好笑:堂堂一个全美驰名的研究所的人事部和具有博士学位的研究生部招生办主任,竟然为了面子,和一个少不更事的十几岁的高中生斗气。

还是得从妹妹今年申请暑假实习的事说起,妹妹同时接到了两个研究所的录取通知书。其中的一份录取通知,是这样写的:

Dear 妹妹,

Congratulations! On behalf of the Education Outreach Office at The X Research Institute, it is my pleasure to extend an offer for the High School Student Summer Research Internship Program to you.  This year we received over one hundred applications from exceptional X X County students, with yours among those considered to be the best fit for our program.  This excellent opportunity will allow you to work alongside some of the most talented and esteemed scientists in their field, and to learn about cutting edge biomedical research with direct application in the treatment of many human diseases. 

To indicate your acceptance of this offer, please reply to this email no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 7, 2015.  If we do not hear from you by this time, the offer will be withdrawn and extended to another individual. The program will commence on Monday, June 8, 2015 and conclude on Friday, July 17, 2015.  Upon your acceptance, you will receive a formal offer letter and important documentation via U.S. mail from our Department of Human Resources.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon as well as working with you this summer!

XXX, Ph.D.

Education Outreach Coordinator

Office of Graduate Studies 

The XX Research Institute 

妹妹对两个研究所都做了充分的调查,经过权衡利弊,接受了其中的一个研究所,并在截止日期之前,很委婉的给另外的一个研究所写了封信,说谢谢你们给了我这一次机会,但是我非常抱歉,因为另外一个和你们一样优秀的研究所也接受了我,我经过非常痛苦的选择,今年就不能到你们的研究所去实习了,希望保持联系,来日方长云云。

结果还是上面的这个研究所的人事部,就给妹妹写了一个回封拒绝的信:

Dear 妹妹:

Regretfully, we will not be able to offer you a 2015 summer internship in the X Research Institute high school program. You were among many highly qualified students this year; unfortunately due to limited space and funds we are unable to place all students who applied. I appreciate your interest in X Research Institute and wish you well as you continue in high school.

Sincerely,

Human Resources

妹妹说,怎么可以会是这样的?明明是我拒绝了他们,怎么看起来像是他们拒绝了我似的!

我说妹妹,这充分说明,你今年的选择,是完全正确的。不过也不要和他们置气,明年你不是还想再申请他们的研究所吗?

才不呢!明年我申请NIH!

膜拜

鸡蛋

鲜花

路过

雷人

开心

感动

难过

刚表态过的朋友 (3 人)

评论 (0 个评论)

facelist doodle 涂鸦板

您需要登录后才可以评论 登录 | 注册

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|网站错误报告|爱吱声   

GMT+8, 2024-9-28 12:46 , Processed in 0.027746 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On.