注册 登录
爱吱声 返回首页

holycow的个人空间 http://129.226.69.186/bbs/?4094 [收藏] [复制] [分享] [RSS]

日志

蚯蚓和蜗牛

热度 22已有 1388 次阅读2013-6-4 00:47 | 蜗牛

这个日志的起源是俺那篇吃蚯蚓的帖子,发了以后老觉得类似的事情好像在课文里学过,很可能当年还背过的。昨天放狗一搜,果然搜到这篇久违的新概念英语课文:

One man's meat is another man's poison

People become quite illogical when they try to decide what can be eaten and what cannot be eaten. If you lived in the Mediterranean, for instance, you would consider octopus a great delicacy. You would not be able to understand why some people find it repulsive. On the other hand, your stomach would turn at the idea of frying potatoes in animal fat — the normally accepted practice in many northern countries. The sad truth is that most of us have been brought up to eat certain foods and we stick to them all our lives.

No creature has received more praise and abuse than the common garden snail. Cooked in wine, snails are a great luxury in various parts of the world. There are countless people who, ever since their early years, have learned to associate snails with food. My friend, Robert, lives in a country where snails are despised. As his flat is in a large town, he has no garden of his own. For years he has been asking me to collect snails from my garden and take them to him. The idea never appealed to me very much, but one day, after heavy shower, I happened to be walking in my garden when I noticed a huge number of snails taking a stroll on some of my prize plants. Acting on a sudden impulse, I collected several dozen, put them in a paper bag, and took them to Robert. Robert was delighted to see me and equally pleased with my little gift. I left the bag in the hall and Robert and I went into the living room where we talked for a couple of hours. I had forgotten all about the snails when Robert suddenly said that I must stay to dinner. Snails would, of course, be the main dish. I did not fancy the idea and I reluctantly followed Robert out of the room. To our dismay, we saw that there were snails everywhere: they had escaped from the paper bag and had taken complete possession of the hall! I have never been able to look at a snail since then.

当年愚钝,每天早自习的时候英文课代表从上锁的柜子里拿出这么大一个东西,便只知道跟着死记硬背

年少读书,不求甚解,今天再看,豁然开朗:

课文里那Robert,当年发音一定是错的,不是罗伯特,应该是罗贝

这英国人果然阴险,黑我法兰西不带半个脏字,还做成教材全世界推广。俺要是法国总统,俺也要下令把Internet改个法文名字 

某北方国家中小学的烹饪课就表开了,教出来的也就是些只会做frying potatoes in animal fat的主。

读万卷书,不如行万里路;今虽有会意,亦不可忘食 -- 吃一口紫薯,喝一口咖啡,多么美好的早晨

膜拜

鸡蛋

鲜花

路过

雷人

开心

感动

难过

刚表态过的朋友 (21 人)

发表评论 评论 (10 个评论)

回复 夏翁 2013-6-4 00:58
想起看老外挑战节目中那些抽到吃松花蛋的人痛苦绝望的神情了,小二,来点酱油麻油。。。哈哈哈。。。
回复 sylvia 2013-6-4 01:08
蓝山咖啡就着醉鸡爪,曾经很美好的午餐。。。。
回复 大地窝铺 2013-6-4 01:19
sylvia: 蓝山咖啡就着醉鸡爪,曾经很美好的午餐。。。。
老外看到会有百爪挠心的感觉
回复 茉莉 2013-6-4 01:42
我们那会儿的录音机比你这个先进很多了哈哈
回复 到处停留的叶子 2013-6-4 02:58
茉莉: 我们那会儿的录音机比你这个先进很多了哈哈
茉莉,这个录音机我也没有见过。要不就是神牛吹牛,要不就是神牛当年的学校实在太好了,国家投入比较早,嗯,后面那个可能性比较高一点。
回复 到处停留的叶子 2013-6-4 02:58
早餐吃个蛋。午餐再吃山芋吧~~
回复 holycow 2013-6-4 03:23
到处停留的叶子: 茉莉,这个录音机我也没有见过。要不就是神牛吹牛,要不就是神牛当年的学校实在太好了,国家投入比较早,嗯,后面那个可能性比较高一点。   ...
我们那是联合国dump下来的剩余物资好不好   80年代中期了还用这种砖头
回复 到处停留的叶子 2013-6-4 03:43
holycow: 我们那是联合国dump下来的剩余物资好不好    80年代中期了还用这种砖头
     你们学校果然厉害!
回复 holycow 2013-6-4 03:47
到处停留的叶子:       你们学校果然厉害!
以至于快三十年后怀恨在心的俺还要去找秘书长的晦气,对吧?
回复 成奎花 2013-6-4 12:02
我以前公寓门前路上,总看到爬着些没有壳的蜗牛,你说那些壳都哪里去了呢

facelist doodle 涂鸦板

您需要登录后才可以评论 登录 | 注册

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|网站错误报告|爱吱声   

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 06:59 , Processed in 0.030877 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On.